The Ride









This journey of writing has been one of the most heartfelt experiences I have ever had. The adrenaline I feel after publishing a new article is always second to none; I just sit here trusting God and waiting to see how it’s going to be a blessing to the lives of the readers and then the testimonies and feedback comes along! Praise God!

At the time of writing this piece, today makes it 446 days in the University of Benin as an undergraduate. This journey so far is like a cataclysmal explosion, the whole process of gradually becoming a man has just being panning out bit by bit and God has always being here literally holding my hands and leading me every step of the way. The lessons I have being learning are invaluable, if there is one edge I have over folks around my age or in my ‘peer group’ is the Jesus I know! You get Jesus and everything is settled. In my article ‘big one nine’ I wrote about my journey of meeting Jesus, how my dad clearly told a thirteen year old to join the baptismal class and in my naivety I just obeyed and today I am 20 and it has been paying off.

One vital and salient lesson I share all the time with the younger kids is how Gods business for your life can never be stifled once it is set in motion, on my IG handle recently, in addition to studying physiotherapy {in view} I added a ‘Teens motivational speaker’; which is in tandem with my desire of being a TedX speaker someday which God already answered. Prior to my undergrad years, I had to wait at home for 2 years; seven hundred and thirty days (730) before gaining admission into the university. In those two years they kept declining me & while I was thinking about how bleak the future might be God was molding and reshaping me to be a man after his own heart like David! As tiring, long and lonely as it felt in those 2 years, looking back now I can lucidly just tell you- that was my nursery. God was prepping me!

In nexus with my story (which I share almost everywhere I’m called to speak) is this; until there is a nursery to help prep you for life you’d really be stuck in a phase. Another riveting side to this coin is the fact that people try to avoid this nursery phase- here is what it does… it helps you understand the God you are walking with. I remember sitting in church one Sunday feeling so depressed and alone it almost felt like God had forgotten me (of course He wouldn’t) all my friends had gone to the university and just sitting there with a sad grimace one of my amazing uncles sharing Gods word said; I will restore to you the years the locust, and palmer worm have stolen… (Joel 2:25)” that still did not make sense. And then for the first time I heard “before I formed you in your mother’s womb I knew you, the thoughts and the plans I have towards you are thoughts of good and not of evil… (Jer 29:11)” my eyes were literally wide open, it finally made sense and I could just imagine God winking at me and saying son, that’s all I’ve been tryna tell you little man”.

Still scribbling a few points; (feeling thirsty let me quickly grab a bottle of soda). Your nursery can be almost anything from not having a job to being terminally ill, finance could just be in a poor state, or just like my story all the universities have being declining you! Whatever your story is, as long as you are a child of God that story will end well, because it can only end well!

In my ride; I’m still in my undergraduate years & as long as Jesus tarries there are new phase and dimensions He will take you and me through. There is marriage, raising a godly family and building a career and possibly trusting him to see what ministry He leads us into. In a nutshell, it’s all about gearing and getting set to spend eternity with Him in heaven, never forget that!
God bless you!
Dr Itofa


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION