Reversed lens



 Reflection 2



God is just too merciful, I know a lot of us would be wondering why the bad things happening are still going on, so bad that people are brutally murdered for the sake of professing Christ, my heart just breaks…

This is a part 2 of Reflection. As grotesque as this may sound; I went on Youtube and for some reason I started checking all the past ISIS beheadings, I am telling you, I broke down and started crying; I just told God “forgive me father because I haven’t done enough”.

Christians in the Middle East; their heads are literally being placed on a stake and decapitated, for what? Just because they love God and profess His name
One of the interviews on CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) really caught my heart. A widow, her husband was part of the 21 male Christians in Egypt that ISIS beheaded, she narrated; “we hadn’t seen him in two days and we were so worried, later that day we were shown a video of their heads being cut off, we all cried, wept and wailed my only joy was that he never denied Christ… this is what gives me peace. I have not stopped praying for ISIS that God will forgive them and they’ll come to see the light”.

O God! My heart sank (tears won’t just stop flowing) that was coming from a woman whose husband was murdered for JUST loving God, she must have tested something I haven’t seen… when the Love of God encapsulates your heart that’s what comes out, everybody feels the love.

I felt so empty, inadequate and ashamed of myself when I saw this Christians in the Middle East doing what they do for God amidst the chaos. They only look up to the throne of grace, these people are not even sure what tomorrow holds for them yet they worship God with sooooo much.

Bringing it home; here in Africa, Nigeria, nobody has ever threatened to put my head on a stake before. But have I given God everything, I just kept wondering, will I still keep my faith if that Knife was brought close to my throat? Will I still keep my faith? I’ve been talking to a lot of people about God’s love and even professing that I love Him, been praying and even studying His words, but is that even enough? I’ve been making it personal all along, but I really need you to ask yourself, if you were in the shoes of one of those brothers whose throat was slit will you still tell people to love God? Will you still keep the faith?

The amazing thing about all of this that still struck me was the radiance on the faces of these 21 young men, nobody backed out…

I’m not going to write too much, all I need you to do is think about His love. Even as a Christian that you call yourself are you truly living for Christ? Completely sold out
People in the Middle East are getting killed JUST for serving God. That hasn’t deterred them, they are going strong every day, I don’t know where you are reading from now but I just want to challenge and ignite something in you- don’t let that fire wane in you, go all out for God, that widow said something that has been playing in my head; “I haven’t stopped praying for ISIS that they will see the light”- there she was praying for the same very people who killed her husband, made her widowed and her two lovely kids inevitably became orphans, that can only come from a heart that has experienced God.

Friends, you and I have nothing whatsoever stopping us from truly living for Christ, if you miss heaven today you caused it… forgive people who have hurt you, love freely like Jesus, extend a hand where it is needed, be the best friend you can ever be, smile often and be humble, not forgetting to keep a meek spirit, smile again (laughs), always keep a fellowship with the father. My Jesus can break addictions, open up your hearts and spirit to Him let Jesus come in and renew your spirit.

(I’ll like to pray with you friend)

Thank you Jesus for the privilege to this, lord we love you, we never want to depart from your presence o God, Lord we thank you for the grace to be little Jesus’ here on earth. We pray for the families in the Middle East, continue to hide them in you Lord, keep the children in good health and meet them at every point of their needs in Jesus mighty name we pray. Amen!

Love

Itofa

Comments

  1. My the Lord have mercy on us

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot to learn from their grounded faith. Persecution isn't something I wish any Christian to go through. God has strengthened us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God please help us to love you truly and from the depths of our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION