THANKSWRITING





Happy Bloggavasery!!

photo credit: shutter bucket



There is such an exhilarating feeling watching something you started and nurtured grow into something bigger than you thought or imagined. TheGodCulture-which happens to be this blog you are on now just turned 1 today, I remember explicitly how it all started there was absolutely no plan to get any award or get recognized outside my globe it was just simply Itofa wanting to share his experience as a young Christian and more so; to speak about the love of God to as many as I can through this medium-more like an odyssey of my journey in Christ.

I’m so glad and grateful to God for what this blog here has become and for every single person that has a connection to it. You know; blogging is not just about writing you also need an audience and somehow God has brought you to be a part of it. All of the active and passive readers thank you so-so much even to my Muslim readers (salvation is going to come someday, I believe). Yes, how can I forget to mention this set of people; I’m only 18+ but I have 30, 40 and 50 years old who come to the blog and they make major contributions, for all those praying as well- right back at you, thank you so much I’m also praying for you as well.

In Christianity we speak one language which is Jesus. Why were you created? I was stuck in that phase of my life for a while, I’ll always here pastors, motivational speakers and even teachers speak about essence of creation and purpose-they are intertwined but different at the same time (I won’t touch it today because its Thankswriting day) they always talked about it. They will encourage us to go to God and find out what our purpose was. I always felt depressed after talks like that because I had asked times without number and still no reply.

Now, what my teachers, motivational speaker and some pastors did not mention was that purpose isn’t something you go out looking for like you are searching for gold or crude oil-you get? It’s not a thing that heaven will have to take a megaphone to announce to you but it’s something that God has already designed from your birth and it is inherent but it’s also a choice to live in it or out of it.

What about the question of finding purpose?  I’m coming to that. I believe the world would have been a better place if everyone was walking in purpose and their essence of creation-this essence of creation is all about your life giving glory to God in a nutshell. Let me shoot a few bullets that will show if you’ve started living in purpose;

  • Do you have a relationship with God?
  • Are you constantly seeking ways to get to a deeper realm with God?
  • How often do you attribute all the glory to God?
  • How often do you try to stand out from a glaring crowd?
  • Are you content with where you are now with God?
  • What efforts are you putting in to be a better person?

How many of the questions above were you sincere enough to answer? Clearly you must have noticed that God was in almost all of the questions, this is because you can never find PURPOSE without God. A lot of times people tow this path of misconstrue that if I’m successful in whatever endeavor that might just be my purpose; success comes with purpose of course but it is not a litmus test for walking or living in purpose. Purpose does not seek to gratify the pocket but it helps place people in the right path towards eternity. Now to the question of finding purpose; all you need to do is come to God just as you are confess all of your sins no matter how bad it seems and have faith that the blood of Jesus will cleanse you and if you don’t know how to pray find a friend who can. Living out of purpose is never the best life.

There is this story of a young African teen that traveled to England for the first time to visit the other halve of his family, when he got to England he was amazed at the level of opulence the other halve of his family lived in they had chauffeurs, chefs, gardeners-the house was a mansion he said. Anytime he called the family back home they could feel the excitement he always had in his tone, next semester was starting in about three weeks so he had only two weeks visiting visa with the mixed feeling he had he promised to make the most out of the 14 days he had. The only problem he noticed was you could tell who was family and who was a helper in the house and he promised himself to bridge this gap except he couldn’t reach out to all of them at the same time and in only 14 days so, he targeted the main nanny of the house. 
She was African in her mid-twenties (I’ll cut the long story) she literally never had a voice in the house, never spoke, always doing chores; guess what our young African teen did? He offered to always help out with the dishes in the kitchen in the next 14 days he also made a conscious effort to know how she was fairing and her family back home plus he was always praying for her. Miraculously, her work etiquette changed, she was always exuding confidence and joy around him, it might not be very obvious to notice for everyone but he noticed it and felt a sense of fulfillment even before he left for home our young African teen later found out she had a relationship with God on his last day; this is why I decided to share the story because it happened to me except for the fact that it was not in England…

I’m thankful to God I could do that, purpose and essence of creation does not seek its own; it’s just like love. It seeks ways to make people better and draw people closer to God.

I wanted to do Thankswriting to appreciate God for the blog but I ended up writing about purpose and essence of creation-that’s what the Holy Spirit does, not my will but God’s will I pray it blesses someone.

The blog is 1 today if Jesus tarries we might end up celebrating 2, 3…2o years, you never know. Thanks guys for your support

God bless you

Itofa

p.s: if you ever have any question or anything you want to talk about as regards to God feel free to hit me up on my email, facebook, instagram and the likes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION