ABOUT ME

                                              Photo credit: Tosin



Thank you so-so much for stopping by. Writing is therapeutic for me and I just want to say thank you for sharing in it. I know tones of anonymous visitors one way or the other must have bumped into this page wittingly or unwittingly, but thanks all the same. In the Nigeria dialect, Yoruba, we would say eshe ghan!

My full name is Itofameh Denis Ivarah but people call me Itofa. I am the first son and the only boy out of three; I must be a superman, lol. I’ve got two amazing sisters, beautiful sisters by the way, one is 15 and the other is 7. Apparently, the women have colonized my home. Well, my dad and I try to keep up. My mom is a tailor and my dad is an electrical engineer, a very pragmatic couple.

I am 18 years old and am currently preparing for my Joint Admission Matriculation Board Exam, (JAMB). So, I will be in the university in a couple of months by God’s grace of course. I am science inclined; I plan on studying Medicine in the university if Jesus tarries. Geography is my forte; physics, chemistry and biology are prerequisite for medicine so, I actually have no choice but to just love each of them. The truth is I will pick chemistry and biology over physics any day and anytime. I am not a very socially active person, I am very conservative but if you know me you’d know I love to talk.

I am an avid Christian, I love Jesus! Those folks who have been following this blog will be able to attest to that. Christ is my riddance from sin. ‘Living the transcendent life of a Christian has never been with sheer grit and determination but just pure grace’. I forgot to add; I am African from West Africa, Nigeria. My favorite band just has to be the Hillsong choir from Hillsong church, Australia. I also love Jesusculture, Adrenaline, Parachute, Jamie Grace, Dolly Parton, Joyous celebration; the South African group choir, The Afters, Phil Wickham, and Third day. I love hip hop too; the likes of Lecrae, Andy Mineo, Tedashi, Triple Lee… the list goes on and on.

I don’t do sports, but I play table tennis occasionally. Do I go to the gym? No. I just take long strolls. I love to read books, anything that has got letters on them I just want to read. I’ve read quite a handful of books from the likes of E.W Kenyon, Kenneth Hagin, and Mike Murdock, Bob Moore, Joyce Meyer, David Oyedepo, Jim Dornan and John Maxwell, the list just goes on. Am not a big fan of comic books or fiction but at least I’ve read one of Anthony Horrowitz series. 

Am a big fan of photography and it’s just an irony that I don’t own a camera. I’m a certified actor/ filmmaker under the auspices of High Definition Film Academy, (HDFA). I did take classes on editing, cinematography, acting, directing, sound, lighting, should I go on with the list? If I was to choose between staying in front of the camera and being behind the camera, I will choose the latter, not that am camera-phobic; you just need to see me on set, (laughs), but because I get a shot at showing people how artistic my mind works - and that will be directing. Malcolm- cille Garrard Gibson is my role model in that area. I did not add; am also a stage actor, I have 6 to 7 stage dramas, 3 short films and 1 movie to my credit, all thanks to God.
 I love food; rice, plantain, pounded yam, fried fish, my goodness! Since I like food my mom made it a point of duty for me to learn how to cook. I started cooking since I was 9 and today she’s made a great chef. I strongly believe my wife is going to be extremely lucky, I mean, who would want to resist a good looking young man who is a doctor and also a great cook? (I’m actually laughing right now), ok, I take everything back.

 The truth is- I can’t wait to raise my own team; that will be my own family; we will be impeccable, in Jesus name, Amen. The thought of my wife and kids in the future is what spurs me to study and those underprivileged children I want to be a blessing to. What else have I not mentioned here?

Yes, God has brought really amazing people my way I wouldn’t want call names; some, we’ve become friends, others almost like family.
To my friends whom we’ve built a virtual camaraderie over time, Carl and Crysty all the way from Canada and Port Hacourt, thanks a lot for supporting this.
All the aunties and uncles who always drop by without commenting, I see you, lol. Thanks a whole lot.
To my amazing readers now and the ones to come in the future thank you very much for finding time to check this blog out and for dropping comments.

How I stumbled into blogging? Funny enough it came to me I never went to it. I was always looking for ways to reach out to people especially through writing; so, when this platform came I just took it. The whole essence of this blog is to remind us of who we are in Christ; I believe everything can be seen through Jesus’ eyes; we might just decide to talk about food tomorrow so, don’t be surprised to see Jesus in it.
It is my earnest desire that people will leave this blog re-invigorated and their spirits lifted and will become a people of influence in their little spheres. I hope you will be a part of this journey as we find the true meaning of purpose, love and life in Christ.
This is Itofa and it’sAbout Me’
‘Work like everything depends on you and pray like everything depends on God’ –Billy Graham
You can find me on twitter, facebook and also send me an email with the details below;

~Itofa~


Comments

  1. I now know you better. You forgot to add that you are an aspiring writer.The world will read your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what kind words Itofa...thank you so much! :)

    This is a wonderful "About" post. Your personality and wit shines through your words. It brought a smile on my face reading this. Indeed you will have a wonderful team. I am so thankful for the gift of my family. And you are going to be such a blessing to your future wife and children.

    Eshe ghan for sharing about yourself. It was wonderful to read. God bless! :)

    ~Carl~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carl! I loved how you used "Eshe Ghan"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great things right now bro and even greater things ahead IJN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION