Friend to the needy!


photo credit: shutterbucket



I’m writing with such a heavy heart today it’s so sad to know that we have under-privileged children and adults alike suffering and we the people who know the truth and have the spirit of God in us hide under the guise of Christian practice and don’t extend a helping hand, it’s just so sad.
As an individual I have seen some things I find repugnant and appalling in the place we are suppose to call Gods house, it just makes me wonder where the love is.
I decided to write this post today because I want you to know that you’ve got something that could be a blessing to somebody. I’m tired of seeing and hearing this thing called “class” if you are reading this and you’ve got the class thing going on, you should do a reassessment again.
I’m not a son of a rich man neither am I poor but I’ve got a big God; I know we are humans and we have limits to things but have you taken time to pray for a friend? If you have great! What about your nanny or the help at home have you ever prayed for him/her? You might even have a cook, have you just tried asking him/her how the family’s doing? Or even the gatekeeper at home. You know, I’ve got tones of questions I want you to use in assessing yourself but let that just be a guide for you. If your answer to this entire question is no we can still work on it.  Just start TODAY.  
During the week, my sister and I were going to an aunts house and while we were on the pedestrian bridge walking we saw this sad-pale looking old man, well, I was a stock broker on that day, you know what I mean (laughs) as we approached the old man I knew I didn’t have money to give this guy so I thought to myself for a while; then my inner premonition just said smile, oh, wow! It sounded like a hypothesis. So we finally got to the old man then I turned and greeted him in his Hausa dialect with a broad smile; guess what? His whole countenance changed he literally lightened up. Now, that feeling was priceless and invaluable it’s something my 50 or 100 naira wouldn’t have given him so, I thank God for that lesson and for making me a stock broker on that day (laughs).
No matter what level of opulence or wealth you are in today you’re just a steward of everything and I’m sure they are tones of people you can be of help to. Even those people, who think they don’t have enough, also have the ability to reach out; you’ve got something somebody will be so blessed to have.
I’m going to share a little experience I’ve had, this isn’t about you changing your view of how you see or think of me or to pour encomium on myself, please, am only trying to let you know you’ve got something somebody will be blessed to have either as a teenager, a child, an adult or even as a parent. As a teenager I’ve been able to pay the school fees of a young lad with God’s help of course. It might sound really off -the-key but yes! It was a great privilege. I’ve had to give my 500 naira to a mother of three who was really broke, I’ve also had to give another of my 500 naira to a struggling young couple, and I will just pause there. You know, all of these things might sound pretty small to some of us. I mean, 500 naira is what you’ll use in buying Pringles or a pack of chocolate. But it sure did something in a family’s life.
So you see, anybody, I mean anybody can be a blessing to somebody. Please do change your mindset on how you see people who might be “socially” below your class. A smile, a text, even just a conversation can be a blessing to that child, brother or sister.
“And the king will answer them. ‘Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me’. (Mtt 25:40)
I assure you; God sees your heart, make this CHRISTMAS count for a child, an adult or even a couple. Make those people who feel despondent or even helpless know there is a God who cares for them. Wishing the family here a merry-merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year in advance, I hope to see you in 2016 by God’s grace, amen!
Love!
Itofa   

Comments

  1. This is really deep bro...food for thought. Thank you for this and God bless for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, meaningful post Itofa. You never know the difference like a prayer, small gift, or even a simple prayer will make in the life of a person. God will always make an increase.
    Trust that you had a wonderful Christmas, and wishing God's blessings for 2016! :)
    ~Carl~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carl... in life we all need a little nudge. Amen and wishing you and your family an amazing 2016!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION