Medley


MEDLEY


  Alright let’s see where this takes us to; all of my post I try not to be too apt, so please, ejoor, biko (Yoruba and Hausa dialect) you would permit me. You see it’s a bundle of joy for me to see people read my post and leave with something; it’s such a blessing. Blogaland is so amazing you just get to put out all of those things God has placed in your heart. I am really thankful for this platform and to all the people who take out time to read my posts and even comment, God bless you.
Medley; this is not the typical music note or different songs coupled together in one piece (at least I think that’s what a medley is). I’m using it here on a totally different context, life in general (I would be letting you in on some of the events that have unfolded in my eighteen years of living). Life, we’ve all got different purpose to fulfill. When God made you He placed an innate ability on the inside of every individual and fulfilling your purpose will create a tremendous impact in the life of somebody. You know why so many people fail in life? It’s simply because everyone is looking at everybody else. One thing I’ve come to realize lately is that your purpose is connected to somebody, if you fail to live a purpose driven life you seize to affect those God has set in line for you to touch.
My dream is to someday be in a position to affect people’s life in a positive way (in a couple of years by the grace of God I’ll become a medical doctor) now that’s the plan I have for myself but you know God has greater plans and if what you desire is in sync with Him, be sure to get your desires met by God. I promised to let in some of the experiences I’ve had in the time I’ve lived here on earth; I remember couple of years back (I was in grade 10) the picture I envisaged concerning my future was a flawless one, graduating from secondary school and then move to the University of British Colombia, Vancouver in  Canada where I will study and also get a girlfriend (wink*) then afterwards  graduate, get a job and after a couple of years get married to that my girlfriend (lol), have kids then just live life. I am very sure that sounded like tales by moonlight; right now I am still in Nigeria, haven’t entered the University and I’m on my laptop blogging (this last part made me feel like a boss) lol. Somebody would be thinking, o boy what are you doing? I even did not mention the fact that my final exam result wasn’t good at all, I mean it. Now that was not all God gave my parent the strength to be able to afford the next exam so they let me retake another one, guess what? The result was worse than the former one I had. How did you feel? How did you parent take all of these ... (I know so many things might be running through your mind) maybe it’s because I was not just smart or I did not prepare- if that’s what you are thinking sorry, you are absolutely wrong. I always wanted to go to Canada; I thought it was the best place not until now that I found Australia. So I really prepared gave it my bestest shot (I want you to have a feel of how I really prepared), late-nights, study groups, extra tutorials but yet all of it turned out great ironically. Little did I know God was working out the most amazing plan for me (I just know it) right now I’m waiting for my final result to be out in a week time (yes, I had to retake it for the third time|to be honest I am partly excited and nervous at the same time). Something happened in all of this one year trial and waiting period, I learnt humility, love, self respect... I can just go on and on, studying the bible is now something I enjoy (that can only be God).
 I called this a “medley” even though it might not relate to what we are talking about because life is a serial of ups and down even the most wealthiest folks have challenging times and I’m sure you must have gone through something that you knew it could only be God that can get you out or probably you are in one now and you are reading this post, this is God telling you to hang on, don’t give up now the finish line is just up ahead (it is no coincidence that you are reading this, it can only be God). Now in this one year I have stayed home (I think I should have titled this post ONE YEAR) I have watched my friends go into the university here in Nigeria and abroad, but I’m still hanging on to my God. In this times I will be honest I have had to deal with the depression but having the right people and God did not make me go off beat, this time gave me an understanding of why people commit suicide, they just feel they’ve lost all hope. I have come to tell you today that for anyone who believes in Jesus Christ; ‘there is always light at the end of every tunnel’, forget it, don’t try to be analytical when it comes to trusting God’s word He has said it abi? Your own is just to believe.
I’m an African, Nigerian to be precise. I live in one of the suburbs in Abuja and I don’t have a rich dad but I’m very contented and grateful to God for the family He’s brought me into (if you are wondering why all those formalities, I’m heading somewhere). I am a certified film maker, I won the award for best young film maker script 2 screen 2014 under the auspices of High Definition Film Academy (shout out to HDFA, you guys are doing an awesome job in raising future entrepreneurs), so back to where we were, I got that award it was an amazing thing (one of the few awards I’ve gotten that gave me public recognition). So right now you are relating with a child star or is it teen star? Well it doesn’t even matter coz I prefer to be unknown making great and positive impact in the lives of many than being known and people can’t feel anything positive.
 To my emphatic part; what do you call teens and kids alike who act drama for the president on national occasions coz that’s one out of the many things God let me enjoy in this my one year of staying at home (so I think I know the president better than you do coz I get to see him all the time) lol. This is not to accost myself with praise but it is to tell you there is a God who knows you better than you do. I mean, my dad doesn’t even work in the presidential villa, if someone had told me I will do something of that nature on a platform as huge as that I will give them a smirk. But yes God took a boy like myself out of oblivion and brought to a high table (a very high one at that), imagine if I had gone to the university I wouldn’t have had this opportunity I have now and all of the stuff I’m enjoying. He holds bigger plans for you also that your mind will not even be able to grasp, why don’t you let Him take the center stage, put-off all worries and anxiety. Be anxious for nothing but in everything through prayer and supplication cast your cares and worries on Him (Phil 4:6) and I bet you, you will have the most amazing life.
Thanks a bunch for reading- God bless you.
-Itofa

Comments

  1. Enjoyed reading this Itofa, and learning a bit about yourself, your ambitions, and putting God first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you Carl.. The old fellow goes running awesome blog! thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Awwww..Itofa, what a blessing you are!.I am so blessed and inspired. You ain't seen nothinh yet..God is just getting started with you and i am glad you know him as 'Your God'. He will take you to places even your mind can't phantom...i will keep reading!.... *muah*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *You ain't seen nothing yet!

      Delete
    2. whoa! Aunty Naomi dropped by. God bless you & I hope to see more of you around. Thank you for the Comment.

      Delete
  3. I learnt recently that your most effective ministry will come out of your deepest hurts. I admire the fact that you've opened up and become vulnerable in the way you've shared your experiences in order to help others. That's selflessness, a very rare quality today. You're inspiring! God's got your back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meg. God bless you for reading.
      your comment was inspiring, I'll add that on my next post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION