LIFE: The Making




                
We are all in this movie called ‘LIFE’ (how awesome does that sound) for me, it’s an amazing stuff. So, my advice is; put your “A game” on. Who knows, you might be the person nominated for the Oscar’s of life.  
Speaking of filmmaking; this is a vast world on its own, for all the movie lovers and critic I think you need to applaud the movie makers, actors alike and even the gaphers (the person who holds the boom mic). Acting or the film world in general isn’t for lazy minds as people think; the founder of classical acting technique used today is Konstantin Stanislavsky, I dare you to memorize that because it came out in my final exam just in case you thought filmmaking was easy.
Making a movie is not a piece of cake a lot of creativity, mechanical and mental work goes into it. I had the privilege of going to a film academy where I bagged my certificate in acting, photography and cinematography, directing, editing, lighting, etc. Plus I got the award for ‘best young film maker’ (God has said He’ll make us stand out from the crowd).
I must tell you it was not an easy journey, there was even a bit of Physics in photography class, I met creative and aesthetic young minds.
I will make out time and dedicate a post to my stay at the academy…
In movie making there are three phase; pre-production, production and post-production. Now, the hierarchy of all the bodies that make up a movie:  
·        Producer
·        Director
·        Script writer
·       Cinematographer
·       Actors
These are the four major bodies that make a movie come to life.
No movie will come to life without a script writer even if it’s an improv (improvisation) someone has got to tell the story right? Every good movie you see is as a result of the artistic mind of the director. Have you seen Jurassic world, Passion of Christ, Fast and furious? If you’ve seen any of these movies am sure you must have appreciated its richness and content. Some of the ace directors we have in the industry now;
·       Tyler Perry
·       Steven Spielberg
·       Mel colm-cille Garrard Gibson (passion of Christ) - my favorite.

Someone has got to capture the story well enough- now that’s where the cinematographers come in. For the records this part is what I love so much, I presently do not own a camera, it won’t be such a bad idea if you sow a seed into my life by buying me a camera, (LOL) but just in case you consider it I am always here. High- def cameras are used for quality pictures.

Actors tell the story, whether comedy, fantasy, action, etc. so, every good actor helps you feel the artistic nature of a director and helps interpret the script writer’s message well enough. Cash is definitely going to be needed for the movie to materialize. Now, that’s where the producer comes into play. A producer might not have the money but looks for prospective investors who would like to promote a good movie and therefore incorporates them into it.
There you have it we’ve been able to establish the first phase.

God is all in one; He is the producer, script writer, director and I think we are the actors while the cinematographer, that we will figure out.
 (Jer 29:11) NLT
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 
Before you came into this world of ours that is completely devoid of the truth or the truth going into obscurity God Himself orchestrated your path He knew you before time, He knew the perfect parent for all of us, He knew the environment that will help us fulfill purpose and the best siblings to help us function, I mean isn’t that amazing? Be grateful and live everyday like it’s your last.
The perfect description of the script will be the bible and yes - the Holy Spirit is also a co- director, if you don’t make effort to know what God is saying to you in His word you’re like that fella going to take a final exam and expects to pass without studying.
You can never know the route to heaven if you don’t check out the map ensconced in His word. Am sorry to say this but the youth and teens we have today don’t read the bible. It’s pathetic because that’s what they call the cool zone. For those who have found their path and purpose in Christ, remember the Holy Spirit who is also a co-director is always there to see you through the end of the movie called life. For the cinematographer, why don’t you hit the comment box and tell me who you think it is.
See you at the Oscar’s in Heaven.
Love
Itofa.
   



Comments

  1. You just made me understand what goes into film making,I always wondered how things went down behind the scenes ..so many concepts used to define what life is and how you've explained this is very practical. I'm always inspired by your stuff man..and the cinematographer is us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome to always hear from you fam! I kind of thought God was the ultimate Cinematographer. am sure it's going to be more pragmatic looking at it from your angle.

      Delete
  2. Good piece. We shall all be at the Oscar in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION