Turning Tables

Turning Tables





Have you ever had the opportunity to wait on God? By waiting on Him I mean expecting Him to show up when nobody else believes anymore; it can be very tough I know but I’ve learnt to soak God’s word all in and act on it instead of the worlds. When Jesus said “I will send the comforter (Holy Spirit) to bring to your remembrance all I have taught you” He knew we were going to be in need of God’s word to get by each day… it can be really tough and lonely out here.

Turning tables; I just needed a title that will create a picturesque view in all our minds. This happens to be the first article I am writing from school here at the University of Benin; the Benin kingdom is a city with its own story-plenty of it.

I am gradually learning to act like an undergrad and the system is also opening my eyes, University kind of gives you an invisible wing to fly but flying is an option… I have met quite a lot of fresher’s here and the enthusiasm is the same. It is so easy to get carried away by the energy in here; I just left home with one mantra in mind I am different’.

Paul is one of my favorites in the bible; he wrote almost fifteen epistles from Corinthians, Ephesians, Colossians, and James. In his epistles he said something which I am going to be paraphrasing; “haven done all these, stand. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. I myself have not attained, I am pressing on towards the upward mark”.


Life doesn’t really start and end here in school. There is a life outside the four walls  waiting to be explored, but what happens? People forget the life outside the four walls and soak the life inside the four walls all in. My prayer is this; that I’ll be able to reach out here and every other young undergrad around the world with this desire. The picture I had from home is nothing compared to what I am seeing here-this is grand.

I know the article is starting to be streamlined. So, let me talk to all the grads now, lol. I know you’ve towed this path already so, there is a thing or two we could learn. What were your undergrad days like? I would really like to hear from you.

I’m always quick to tell people this; life is not as hard as it seem, everything has got it’s time and season. Don’t push too hard. Most importantly, get Jesus into your boat… I am 19 and I’ll tell you that I am learning everyday from God; His word is living and active.

I recently just learnt that not everything that looks appealing to the eye and is good comes from God- learn to know what God is saying concerning a particular situation, He is always speaking. Remember, you carry His kingdom in your heart, you are a walking wonder!

God bless you

Itofa

Kindly drop your comment in the comment section; I’ll love to hear from you.











Comments

  1. I wish you all the best in school and keep being who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Itofa! Always remember to keep your eyes on the ball and I pray that God uses you in even greater ways than you can imagine. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. Truly speaking I never seen a blog like that. Absolutely superb work. Good luck. Thanks for such an informative post. For more information visit cbd hemp oil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION