The big One-9







I was looking for an ambiguous title that’ll take a while to understand {so, did you get it at first sight?} to be honest with you I still have no idea how this article will end or what will even be in the middle but I trust God.

Birthdays are a commemoration of our birth and it happens just once a year. Everybody celebrates their birthday or at least has a day marked as birth date, mine is the 3rd of October. Don’t worry this is not going to be a serious write-up, just picture it as a conversation {owing to the fact I still don’t know what to write} lol…

I have decided to do something different this year, which is sharing my thoughts, I really don’t like birthday parties so there is no plan of even having any… “Everybody turns nineteen so what’s the big deal in your write up bruh?” There is. I am not everybody that’s one- that should be a good reason.

A decade and nine years ago today my story started, I was born somewhere {Where?!} I just know I was born somewhere, lol. The story of a young man began. To cut the whole story short; my best days began when I met with Jesus six years ago, I remember vividly my dad telling me to go and join the baptismal class {that’s the class you take before getting baptized} I reluctantly joined because he was a teacher there, I attended all the classes to fulfill all unrighteousness {before somebody tells me to pack out of his house}.

I did study my manual and crammed everything that was there to cram because they told us there was going to be a test; meanwhile, the instruction was clearly delineated; study and build a personal relationship with God – it just goes to show how complacent and dogmatic I was. I had no idea God had something cooking for me.

So, where were we? Yes, baptism. I took the test, passed. I knew in my heart of hearts that it was cramming levels; you would have been shocked if you had seen me answering those questions, very coherent and comported.

The truth is I’ve never really shared this story with anyone not even my dad who fixed me on that life changing path {we might have to talk after now}… don’t worry the story hasn’t ended.

After baptism, I did not feel any different, I was still the petite thirteen years old {possibly if I had grown tall, maybe I would have had a good feeling about it} everything went pretty normal. You know what happened afterwards, couple of hours later I told a historical lie, yes, historical! {From a boy who just got baptized?}At least I can tell you now because I had already confessed that sin to God. Days passed, months came and even years, I was in and out with God...

 Now, forward to six years from then; I’m having a time of my life serving Jesus! I don’t do any of this because I want to be applauded or recognized but it’s the least I could do to share God’s love with everyone who haven’t found that love yet and with those who have.

On that day I got baptized, I might not have felt any physical difference but God had done something in the other realm. I got a new slate; Jesus came into my heart and made it his home, the trajectory of my life was altered forever.


Story ends!

I often wonder what the trajectory of my life would have been if I was not saved. I just can’t picture my life without Jesus, I don’t know how a lot of people view Christianity but I see more than just a religion, it’s a lifestyle, it’s a relationship with a doting father… my heart breaks when I see people living and wallowing in sin, it’s a façade, trust me. The devil gives you with one hand and takes with the other. You should learn to keep eternity in perspective; it has helped me make better decisions.

I’m not going to tell you I’ve got my life in perfect order, I don’t make mistakes, and  I  don’t get scared, all these things happen. But Jesus has taught me in (Prov 3:5-6)
                                               Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
Do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
And he will show you which part to take’.

I just drop everything at His feet, because I know whatever my fears, problems or worries are God is bigger than them. If you’ve opened your heart to God and it still feels like problems are surrounding you, tell it to God. Trust me; I know there are better days ahead.

Let’s share a short prayer:

Dear father, I thank you for the salvation of my soul and for adding another year to my life and everyone celebrating today, we know we are just privileged to be loved by a father like yourself o God, Lord we are not taking it for granted, from the depth of our hearts we are saying thank you ! I ask Lord that we get presents from you on our birthdays, Lord bless those who are trusting you for something , strengthen their faith father and for those still wallowing in sin, cause your word to break through in their hearts Lord, we ask for grace to continue to live a life that fully reflects Christ, we thank you father for an answered prayer in Jesus mighty name we’ve prayed, Amen!!  

A big shout out to everyone born in October, I hope you guys know we are the coolest kids on the block right? Happy Birthday!!

Have fun and also have a great time reflecting on your future, God bless you.

Love

Itofa



Comments

  1. Awesome, awesome piece! If you hadn't said otherwise yourself, I'd have thought you planned this speech long ago. Happy birthday in advance, Itofa. May God continue to bless and keep you in all your ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday on that day. You are really gifted end I thank God that you found him before his one-9. There are many more years of fruitfulness. May you not lose focus to where you are going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro...many more years, keep this fire burning. God bless and sustain this gifted mind of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION