Life line with Chiamaka and Tosin

Peer pressure

 



At some point in our lives when we can’t hold on anymore all we need might just be a life-line to keep us hanging there. This is a new segment on the blog where I have been interviewing young adults and teens from around the world that have carved a niche for themselves and are blazing the trail in their little sphere of influence.

Today on life line I’ve got to young Nigerians, well not so young if you ask me who have started pulling great strides and most importantly representing Jesus. You’ll get to meet them soon.

The primary essence of this segment on the blog is to encourage other youths who are still trying to place their foot on the ground; it pays to live for Jesus. And I also want to nudge parents to keep at it, keep showing Jesus to these kids.


Getting this two people to do this interview was exhilarating. I’ve known this two people for a while and one thing that thrills me about them is the lifestyle; what better life to live than a life that fully reflects Christ… Chiamaka is a medical student and a make-up artist; a wonderful one at that I have seen her works. If there is one thing about this girl that inspires me- it’s how smart, beautiful and humble she is. I hope you know this three never get along but yet she’s managed to keep it- that’s Gods grace, plus she smiles a lot.


Tosin is a full blooded Yoruba boy, he represents well-trust me. An amazing actor, I have taken real life lessons from this young man ranging from contentment to academia even to self respect and of course God. But I must add he can be a pin on the neck. A sanguine that is tech savvy and has a big heart for God…


Let’s meet them:



School: Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Oyo, Nigeria

Course:  Medicine

Year:  2nd year





School: University of Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Course: Computer science

Year:  freshman


We talked about the everyday issues facing today’s youth. The following conversation ensued


I: what is the greatest challenge teenagers are facing today?


C:  Well peer pressure. Friends always have a way of influencing you whether good or bad


T:  that balls down to an identity problem to buttress Chiamaka’s point



I:  so Tosin, any peer pressure experience you want to share?


T:  it’s for my children and grand children. But anyway when you’re talking about peer pressure- for me you’re talking about the in things at school, I was always on the wishing end of it I always seek for things that’ll make me unique among my peers.

So when I found Christ I told some of my friends at school about it, you can be sure I wasn’t welcomed with applause the next day
                                                                                                                 

I:  so let me get; before you found Christ you did not feel peer pressure?


T:  like I said I was on the wishing end of it.  I wanted to be the peer pressure while I was in secondary school


I: Chiamaka, as a future doctor you definitely see life from a whole different lens, so tell me how did you walk past all the pressure teen-hood had to offer and is still offering?


C: Basically I found good friends with God’s help obviously.


I: That brings me to ask; when did you get to that point where it did not matter what people thought anymore but all you wanted was God?


C:  I realized that without God’s help I was nothing and nothing was easy and just relying on Him relieved so much stress


I: Tosin do you assent to the fact that parents have a vital role to play in molding up a child to his youth?


T:  “train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it” (Prov 22:6) it explains to parents how a child is supposed to be raised and trained. Our parents are supposed to equip us with the necessary tools to live a life that is pleasing to God. All parents must understand that it is their primary responsibility to disciple their children


I:  ‘A life pleasing to God’- worthy of note. So any child or youth that shows a fallible character inadvertently shows the complacency or failure of the child’s parent?


T:  Not in every situation but yes sometimes


I:  I totally agree with you baba T! Parents do have a huge stake… but I’d like to know, what about orphans?


T:  Our parents don’t necessarily have to be our mothers and fathers they are sometimes our role models, counselors and teachers. It’s our duty as Christians to reach out to those people and show them the love of God.


I:  so, we can say society also has a role to play?


T:  yes society also has a role to play


C: True


I:  finally Chi, what’s your dream for Africa?


C: My dream for the African continent is for its nations to grow, develop and stop relying on other countries.


What an amazing conversation… I’m just gonna add a pinch of salt to this wonderful talk we’ve had; all you need is God- Living the God kind of life is the most amazing thing you’ll ever do and having God is the greatest gift of all! He’ll make your dreams come true. I’m proud to say I believe in Jesus and my life here is just a journey; am on my way home and heaven is my home.


If you’ve never accepted Christ into your life or you are in today and out tomorrow please just say this prayer from your heart:


Prayer:


Dear Lord, I love you and I want you to come into my heart, come and make it your home. I confess all of my sins today and I ask that you forgive me of all my sins, give me a new heart lord and I receive the grace to be a son. Thank you Jesus for an answered prayer in Jesus name, Amen!


P.s: I want you to know there is a community of believers that is praying & cares about you but our father in heaven cares more. We can’t wait to have you join the family. So, if you’ve just said this prayer from your heart, heaven is rejoicing over YOU and I’m saying a BIG thank you, I just want you to join a bible believing church where you’ll connect with the other rest of the family.


Love


Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this interview Itofa. it is so refreshing to read about young adults who are living for the Lord despite all the peer pressure they may be facing.
    God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION