The Fruits of the Spirit






                                                                                       
But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control… (Gal 5:22-23). Speaking of fruits; I love bananas so-so much I could eat over a hundred bunch, lol, but for real I love it’s softness, tenderness and easy to digest nature. I’m sure you have your favorite fruit that you love so much (what is that fruit you can eat over and over in a day?) still thinking?
You see just the way that fruit has a scintillating and a sizzling feel in your mouth (that’s not all) it creates an aura of expression whose default mode is euphoria(excitement) that’s how the fruits of the spirit are. For every child of God as soon as you become born again something amazing happens to us, you are dead in sin and resurrected in Christ Jesus. The fruits of the spirit are a manifestation of your new nature. (Jn7:38)… out of his heart shall flow rivers of living water, being a new man in Christ we are fully resident in Christ Jesus the things that affect our world doesn’t have an effect on us because we are in the world but not of this world.
LOVE
This is the greatest commandment God gave us. God is love himself. Jesus came to die for us in that while were yet sinners... (Rom 5:8) I mean, that is a great love. We were in a complete mess when Jesus came yet he still died. Somewhere in the bible it says “in sin were we conceived and formed” that means our default mode is ‘sin’. Love is the only thing you need to get you to heaven (yes I said so). It encapsulates all of the things you need in the Christendom, love God and your neighbor.  The issue here is, we treat this love issue with levity hand, and I will show you what Paul said about love in Romans: Love one another with brotherly affection; outdo one another in showing love (Rom 12:9-10). So many born again will go to hell not because they were unholy but because they neglected this one practice, love.  As humans we’ve got emotions, we get irritated, we are sensitive and all of that but when it comes to the things of God we’ve got to let our own self die and let God be glorified. I consciously remind myself everyday that all of the things I own and the privileges I have now are not mine am just a steward and most definitely I will give account of all of it. It saddens my heart when I see people using their positions to taunt other people. For heaven sake in the sight of God we are all equal why do all of that? Personally; I know people who have treated me in a very bad way just because they were in a higher class than I was, but all thanks to God the understanding I have just keeps me going. If you are reading this now I just want to crave your indulgence don’t be hostile to people whatever economic class you are in now you are going to give an account of all of it whether big or small. Somewhere in the bible Jesus was speaking and he said if you do this to the least among you unto me have you done it, speaking of charity. I just want to tell you & thank God it’s even in the bible if you are so holy like you claim and you have no love in your heart I tell you you’re on a first class ticket to hell. Jesus was one guy that associated with everybody, so why are we so class conscious when it comes to relating with people, sometime a simple hello to a brother who is impoverish and helpless lightens up his day and God will be so pleased that you have put a smile on the face of one of his child. I literally learnt how to love from my mom, she is an extrovert and overly relatable with. I took that from her I can relate with almost anybody, plus I did not mention that she is an extreme giver (I know the bible says do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing)it’s a figurative expression meaning you shouldn’t blow a horn for every good thing you do. I’m just trying to lay a fact here.
Love is something you can’t see but I tell you it is extremely powerful; story time>> I’ll just let you on something that happened couple of months back. God does his things in mysterious ways that is why his children will never be despondent. The bottom line of my story is that the special adviser to the president on physical fitness and sport came to my house, however you want to look at it, it was just an S.A after all, but she came to my house. I won’t be able to give the whole detail, but she came and dropped my sister and I off at home in the suburbs where I live, no bodyguards or police men, lol. It became a topic in my house for weeks, now that lady lit up our hearts with joy for coming, now tell me will God not be happy? Love. I pray for anyone reading this post that God will indeed help us to love and in our journey towards making heaven, our eyes will indeed be open and our hearts fertile to really obey God.
·       Joy
·       Peace
·       Patience
·       Faithfulness
·       Goodness
·       Gentleness
·       Kindness
·       Self-control 
Against such there is no law.
Thank you for reading, have a great time.
-Itofa

Comments

  1. Nice one. I'd love apple and I hope it means love in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed uncle Dan.. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Tables

THE CHURCH

REFLECTION